Anyway, to give myself a little pat on the back today, here are a few things I'm good at:
1. Flossing. The last line in Janssen's post had me going, "Hey! I AM really good at flossing!" And oral hygiene in general. I floss, brush, and wear my retainers religiously. My dentist loves me.
2. Being adventurous with my hair. I have a sort of "eh, it'll grow out/back" attitude when it comes to my hair. I was showing my new stylist pics of my past haircuts and colors back in January and she said, "Wow, you're adventurous!" And I was like, "Hey! I guess I am!"
3. Making dinner. I went into marriage barely knowing how to boil water and now I'm a fairly confident cook who makes dinner 4-6 times a week. Like, with vegetables and side dishes and everything!
4. Being on time. I pride myself on my punctuality. If I'm running a few minutes behind I'm really good about texting and giving a time estimate for when I'll arrive. Once I was picking a friend up for something and her husband commented, "Kayla's late! She's never late!" My friend responded, "She texted and said she was running 5 minutes behind." He was halfway through saying, "Five minutes late would be right NOW." when I rang the doorbell. It's a gift.
5. Inviting. I have a friend from my last neighborhood who was always inviting people over for dinner or out to do stuff (she reads my blog sometimes...hi Jenny!) and I was always so impressed by that. Over the past few years I've tried to follow her example and be an inviter. I've gotten pretty good at it- we have people over regularly and whenever I'm taking my kids somewhere I try to text and invite a few people who I think might enjoy coming. On Monday we had a bunch of friends over for ice cream sundaes in our driveway and my neighbor said, "You're so good at inviting people to do stuff!" Success!!
6. I'm a very efficient driver. I usually know the best route (or I'll take the time to look it up) and like to spend a few minutes plotting my course if I have multiple errands so I don't have to backtrack. I also know how to use a traffic circle and I'm always in the correct lane way ahead of time.
What are YOU good at?
I'm a little addicted to social media. Find lots more stuff by liking me on Facebook or following me on Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram!