|"choose to be happy" print from Yellow Bungalow Shop - she does GORGEOUS watercolor and calligraphy!|
A group of close friends offered to throw me a baby shower as soon as we found out this baby was a girl. Last week we nailed down the date AND they asked to have it at my house (I have plenty of space and it means I don't have to drive anywhere. Win/win!). That was the kick in the pants I needed to get started on the hard-work part of my nursery. Progress pictures are forthcoming but it's kind of a wreck right now. Give me a few more days.
I've mostly spent the past couple months pondering and online shopping for a gallery wall. I know some people feel like they're overdone and predictable but I think there's something so wonderful about having your own personal collection of art and photos all grouped together in a way that speaks to you.
I've got a couple prints already laying around that I'd like to use (like that gorgeous Yellow Bungalow one above), my talented mother-in-law is going to paint something special and I'll probably use one or two of our family history photos. Here are some other prints I'm considering picking up to round out my wall-
1. Vintage Sea Fan Coral print, Orange Tail, $14
2. Nude Female Ink Wash Figure, Gallery in the Garden, $16
3. Mermaid Illustration, Mika Art, $7.99
4. Geometric Circle print, Sweet Peony Press, $10
5. I Am Not Afraid print, Beth Allen Art, $35
6. Grand Canyon Art Print, Pine Shore, $16 (except I kind of want to make my own version with one of the pictures Aaron has taken at our fav hiking spot)
Where are your favorite places to find prints? ALSO, my more pressing question, where do you find white pre-cut mats for framing? I found a bunch at Target on clearance back when Aaron and I first got married (I should probably look there) but haven't ever seen them anywhere else. If you've got a good source, please share!