Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Fashionably Flexible Packing for PARIS with HP & Intel
I'm going to Paris in SIXTEEN DAYS. Most mornings I wake up thinking, "ParisParisParisPariiiis!" I've been mentally packing my suitcase for weeks.
Packing for vacation is never easy but, when you travel with my mom, it gets even harder. My mom works for a major airline which means we can fly standby on the cheap. The downside of flying standby is that we're not guaranteed seats and we have to be super flexible! We've learned that it's best to not check bags since we frequently end up changing flights and sometimes our bags fly away without us.
So, I'm going to Paris for 5 days (plus a day of travel) with only a carry-on.
Anything that goes with me has to be versatile and able to pull double or triple duty. Here's what I'm (tentatively) bringing-
1. Everlane tee- this can be worn alone if it's warm enough or as a layer under my button-ups if it's cooler. It also hang-dries nicely if I have to do a sink wash.
2. Target Denim Shirt- I LOVE this shirt and wear it constantly. It's soft but sturdy and wrinkle resistant. I love the sleeves rolled a bit but I can roll them down if it's cold!
3. Soft white button down (old, from ATL)- I've had this shirt for ages. It's loose and flattering and the fabric naturally has a bit of texture to it, so packing wrinkles are less visible.
4. AG Jeggings (similar, but I got mine from Hautelook)- The major upside to quality denim is that I could wear these every single day for a week and there would be nary a hint of saggy knees. These jeans retain their shape remarkably well (and make my behind look rather fantastic, if I do say so myself).
5. Stretchy tube skirt (no longer available, but here's a longer version)- I'm a little worried about bringing this skirt (stains are so much more visible on solid colors!) but it packs up small and is so ridiculously comfortable that I can't imagine leaving it behind.
6. Striped maxi skirt (gift from my mom)- long and lean and super comfy. It's also quite warm, which is nice since apparently Paris isn't exactly toasty in May.
7. Muubaa leather jacket (via Hautelook)- I'm going back and forth on this jacket. I adore it BUT it's rather heavy. It's not the kind of jacket that I could easily just carry around when I'm not wearing it. It is quite warm, though, and so lovely. We'll see if it ultimately makes the cut!
8. Studded cowboy boots- I've worn these a few times when I've had to be on my feet for long periods of time and have been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they are. We're going to be doing a lot of walking so good shoes are important!
9. Moccs (old, from Payless)- These are my favorite shoes and I'm wearing them into the ground. I bought a pair of gel insoles which makes them heavenly for walking around in.
As far as accessories, I plan on wearing my new locket and my chunky silver watch with everything. Easy.
Here are some outfits I could put together with these items-
Vote in the Pin Your Style Contest between April 29 - May 12 by viewing the Pinterest board submissions on the Pin Your Style contest page. Vote for your favorites in each of the three themes!
Envy x2 with Intel Inside® The HP + Intel + Project Runway Pin Your Style Contest
Want to participate? Pin a photo of the HP Envy x2 with Intel Inside® via the Pin It button on the Pin Your Style contest page. Then, build a board that represents that week's theme. Check out the weekly Pinsetter images on the site for inspiration.
Submit your board's URL into the site to enter. Then, share your board with friends to earn the most votes!
Win prizes like an HP Envy x2 with Intel Inside® and a gift card to bring your style to life by getting the top votes for your board.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.