One of my sort of unofficial goals for the year is to keep my clothes shopping to a minimum. I have a tendency to go shopping out of closet boredom rather than necessity but this blog has taught me time and again that my closet has tons of awesome options if I'm willing to put forth a little effort. As a result, I have spent very little time doing any kind of online window shopping. Why tempt myself?
Then Madeline posted some of Old Navy's ridiculously cute spring dress offerings and I found myself delving into the website and THEN I had to hide my car keys from myself. I. don't. need. anything.
But seriously, Old Navy has been upping their game. On top of the pretty dresses that Madeline posted I found quite a few other things I'd love to take home with me:
1. Colored chambray - a fresh take on the more traditional chambray from last year
2. Black and white color block top - graphic black & white is very on trend right now but still feels crisp and classic. I love the flattering silhouette- this is my FAVORITE shape for shirts. Very kind to tummies that have carried babies. Wear it with skinny jeans and feel like a million bucks. (I actually went to the store in search of this one but the stores apparently don't have it yet.Thwarted!)
3. Striped tie waist dress - add a messy bun and strappy sandals = what I want to wear all summer long.
4. Tea length jersey skirt - I have a couple jersey skirts from ON and they carry me through the summer. Mine are boring solids though...LOVE the colors here. (although I saw it in the store when I went in search of the B&W top and it didn't strike me as much in person)
5. Striped keyhole swimsuit - It's like my skirt in swimsuit form. The angled stripe on the sides is really slimming.